1. Personal Information We Collect
We may collect the following categories and types of “Personal Information”:
- Contact Information: your first and last name, mailing address, email address, and phone number;
- Other identifying information: IP address, social media usernames, passwords and other security information for authentication and access;
- Financial Information: credit card, debit card and bank account information;
- Demographic information: gender, age, employment information and salary information;
- Internet or other electronic activity: your browsing and click history, including information about how you navigate within our Site and Services and which elements of our Site and Services you use the most;
- Commercial information: products or services purchased or viewed on our Site;
- Audio and visual information: your videos and photos;
- Inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, behaviour and attitude; and
- Other information: some information we collect might not be included in this list. It really depends on the service or product we’re offering.
2. How We Use Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for the following categories of use:
Transactional Purposes: We may use your contact information, financial information, and commercial information to:
- Receive, process, confirm, send and track your order, subscription or registration;
- Communicate with you about your order, subscription or registration; and
- Process any subscription or registration you make to one of our Services.
- Analytical Purposes: We may use your other identifying information, internet activity and browsing history, commercial information, demographic information, and geolocation data to analyse preferences, trends and statistics.
Marketing and Promotional Purposes: We may use your contact information, commercial information, demographic information, internet or other electronic activity, geolocation data and inferences to:
- Inform you of our new products, services and offers;
- Provide you with targeted advertising;
- Run competitions and promotions;
Provide you with our loyalty program including earning points and awarding and redeeming certificates; and
- Provide you with other information from and about us, including personalised marketing communications.
Maintenance and Improvement of the Site and Services: We may use your contact information, commercial information, and internet activity and browsing history to:
- Provide you with the Site and Services, including to send you alerts about your account;
- Handle your customer services requests; and
- Help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our stores, the Site, and the Services.
- Review and content creation purposes: We may use your contact information, commercial information, and audio and visual information to enable reviews of our products and to display content that you have created and allowed us to display on our Site and Services and on social media.
- Security and Fraud Prevention: We may use your contact information, other identifying information, commercial information, internet activity and browsing history, and inferences to protect the Site and services, our Company, and others and to prevent fraud, theft and misconduct.
- Legal Requirements and Other Purposes: We may use your personal information to comply with legal requirements or when necessary to provide to our lawyers, accountants or other advisors. We may also use your personal information for other purposes for which you have consented to, or for other purposes as permitted by law. This may include for a secondary purpose that is related to a purpose for which we collected it, and for which you would reasonably expect us to use your information for.
Without the use of your information, however, we may not be able to provide you the products, services, or information you request.
3. Sources of Personal Information
We may collect Personal Information from the following sources:
- We collect information directly from you. We may collect contact, demographic and financial information directly from you, including when you fill out a form on our Site, sign up for communications from us, or ask us to contact you. The information that we collect depends on the nature of your interactions with us.
- We collection information from third-party sources. We may also collect information about you from third-party sources, including any information you make publicly available on social media platforms or other online or offline resources, or when you give us consent to link your account to a third-party service or provider.
- We collect information from you passively. We may collect internet or other electronic activity passively using tools like browser cookies. This activity is further described in the Cookies and Advertising and Online Tracking sections below.
4. Categories of Third Parties We Share Personal Information With
From time to time, we may establish a business relationship with other businesses whom we believe trustworthy and have privacy practices are consistent with ours (“Service Providers”). For example, we may contract with Service Providers to provide certain services, such as hosting and maintenance, data storage and management, and marketing and promotions. We only provide our Service Providers with the information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf.
We may share Personal Information with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with us.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose Personal Information and any other information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate in order to respond to legal requests (including court orders and subpoenas), to protect the safety, property, or rights of our company or of any third party, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
We may use Google Analytics on the Site and Services to analyse how users use the Site and Services, and to provide advertisements to you on other websites. For more information about how to opt out of having your information used by Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
6. Advertising and Online Tracking
7. Managing Your Information Preferences
You can opt out of receiving marketing e-mails from us by following the link provided at the bottom of all marketing e-mails you receive from us. You are able to opt out of receiving marketing e-mails from us, however, you cannot opt out of receiving all e-mails from us, such as e-mails about the status of your account.
8. Be Careful When You Share Information with Others
Please be aware that whenever you share information on any public area of the Site or Services, that information may be accessed by others. In addition, please remember that when you share information in any other communications with third parties, that information may be passed along or made public by others. This means that anyone with access to such information can potentially use it for any purpose, including sending unsolicited communications.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Site or Services, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Site or Services, and you do so at your own risk.
11. Overseas transfers
Please be aware that your Personal Information and communications may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside of Australia. Please be advised that we may process and store information overseas, including in the United States.
13. Access and Correction
If you would like to access or correct your information in our records, please contact us on the contact information available on the Site. We will promptly respond to your request.
14. How to Contact Us / Complaints
We will aim to investigate and resolve your complaint as soon as possible, usually within 30 days of receiving it. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may lodge a formal complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (https://www.oaic.gov.au/)